One of the things I had build back then was a preamp for dynamic microphones. The nice thing about this preamp was that it was phantom powered and pretty small -- essentially 2 transistors. I built it at some point, not on a board or anything, just on the fly, hooked it up to two XLR connectors and tested it. Yep, worked pretty well, the noise added is reasonable in relation wo the amplification this thing gave me.
Then I put it to the rest of the experimental sound stuff and forgot about it. For years. For 2 moves. Recently I rediscovered it, tested it and noticed that I have no documentation whatsoever. So this was my starting point:
|2||Electrolytic capacitors||100μF, 25V|
Disclaimer: I do not recall how it came to that circuit. I might have seen it somewhere on the Internet and tried it out for good.
More than likely this is the "Ribbon Booster" as presnted by Panik Pro -- http://panik-studio.de/diy/files/ribbonbooster/schematic.jpg. Unfortunately the site is defunct (or "Under Construction" as it declares in a wounderful 90s style) so literally the only thing that seems to work is directly accessing files.
Just to prevent the file from disappearing from the net, this is a copy. I do not claim any rights.